*While the landfill is still operating all landfill users must wear a mask and follow established NY COVID-19 guidelines *
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
You must be a Broome County resident to use the landfill. No out of county waste is accepted. Proof of residency is required.
286 Knapp Rd
Binghamton, NY 13905
* Cash or check only*
Landfill will be closed in observance of the following holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day & New Year's Day.
Brochures & Documents
- Mercury In The Home Brochure
- Safe Disposal & Handling of Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
- Broome County Recycling Brochure
- Disposing of Latex Paint
- Broome County Landfill User Guide
- Safe Disposal Of Home Medical Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics Recycling
- Draft Solid Waste Management Plan
- Broome County Charter & Code (Page 425, Chapter 317 Solid Waste)
Broome County Virtual Landfill Tour
The Broome County Landfill is a state-of-the-art facility. Many residents have never visited the facility and often in error think of what years ago was a traditional dump. Join us on this virtual tour as we show the ongoing activities at the landfill as we work to operate a clean facility for our residents.